Coastal And Secondary Home Insurance
A second home at the beach is often used as a sanctuary for rest and play. Secondary Home Insurance differs than the insurance policy that you carry for you primary home.
A standard Home Insurance policy may exclude secondary properties or simply does not provide adequate coverage. A Coastal Property Insurance policy is a wise choice.
Risks Associated With a Secondary Home
A coastal secondary home is likely to have a number of hazards that you do not have to worry about with your primary home.
- Will someone be there to put out a fire, stop a leak or report a burglary while you are away?
- Do you rent out your coastal secondary home? Use it often as a guest house? Or keep it for an investment property? You will need to think about liability claims. A visitor or tenant could be injured on your property and you could be hit with expensive legal action.
Contact Atlantic/Smith, Cropper & Deeley in Maryland before you make any final decisions on how to insure your secondary home. Your agent will take the time to discuss your options with you and help you find the Coastal Home Insurance policy that best suits your needs.
Know What Is Covered
Here are some things to consider when selecting a Secondary Home Insurance policy:
- Replacement cost is not the same thing as market value, Do not take the chance of being underinsured. Talk to your Atlantic/Smith, Cropper & Deeley insurance agent about insuring your secondary home for the amount that it would actually cost you to rebuild your home based on the current cost of materials and labor.
- Personal property coverage protects the items that you have inside your secondary home, such as art, silverware and jewelry. If you have any of these items in your home, let your agent know that you may require additional coverage for expensive personal property.
- Umbrella Insurance is an excellent way to provide secondary liability insurance in the event that a lawsuit or claim exceeds the limits of your Coastal Property Insurance policy. This is the best way to ensure your assets will not be threatened if disaster strikes your coastal secondary home.
At Atlantic/Smith, Cropper & Deeley, we understand the unique needs of coastal secondary homeowners. We are committed to providing you with customized coverage that is tailored to meet your individual needs. Our excellent standard of service is designed to provide you with the best Coastal Home Insurance for your Maryland coastal home at a price that is incredibly affordable.
Click on the Find Quote button now. An experienced, knowledgeable agent will explain all of the unique risks that come with owning a secondary home on the coast so that you will be able to choose the best Coastal Property Insurance policy for your specific needs.