Human Services Insurance
As an organization responsible for caring for the needs of others, your insurance program must address a variety of risks that threaten your operation. From assisted living facilities to daycares, our human services specialists work with you and your team to develop a comprehensive Human Services Insurance program to protect you, your employees, your Board of Directors and your clients.
We Take Care Of You, While You Care For Others
From slip and fall accidents involving clients to allegations of abuse or improper care that threaten your reputation and income stream, our team will develop a program to address the unique insurance needs of human service operators. At Atlantic/Smith, Cropper & Deeley, you will get a policy that is designed to meet the unique needs of your business, while providing you with the most affordable rates possible.
Comprehensive Programs for a Variety of Human Service Risks
- Eldercare Services - Nursing Homes, Assisted Living, Adult Day Care
- Mental Health Services
- Day Care Centers
- Addiction Centers
- Group Homes - Transitional & Emergency Housing
- Advocacy & Outreach Groups
- Outpatient Medical Facilities
- Home Health Care
- And more
Atlantic/Smith, Cropper & Deeley provides a wide variety of coverage options and we are happy to tailor a program to meet the specific needs of your human services organization including:
- Abuse & Molestation Coverage
- Protects and defends you against allegations of client abuse and/or the improper supervision of clients
- Liability Insurance
- General liability insurance will protect you against injuries that someone sustains within your facility, as well as other liability claims that you may face. This includes property liability insurance, personal liability insurance and advertising injury liability insurance.
- Professional Liability Insurance -
This Human Services Insurance option provides coverage for you and your professional employees (social workers, counselors, nurses etc.) should a claim be made alleging an act, error, or omission in their service harmed a client.
- Data Breach/Cyber Liability
- This coverage provides your operation protection in the event data such as Protected Health Information (PHI), Personally Identifiable Non Public Information (PII) or Financial Information is compromised.
- Property Coverage
- This type of insurance will protect you against the loss of property including fire, lightning, water damage or wind. Most importantly, Business Income insurance can help to restore your lost income and maintain your continuing expenses while your facility is being restored.
- Employment Practices Liability Insurance
- This is a type of liability insurance that will supplement your policy to protect you against claims of wrongful termination, sexual harassment, workplace harassment, breach of contract, discrimination, failure to promote or employ, negligent evaluation, defamation and more.
- Directors and Officers Liability Insurance
- This coverage provides critical protection for your Board of Directors. In effect the policy functions as "management errors and omissions liability insurance" covering claims resulting from managerial decisions that have adverse financial consequences on the organization.
- Workers Compensation
- This insurance provides benefits and loss of wage coverage to your employees if they are injured or become ill during the course of their employment with your facility.
As specialists working with human services organizations, we will guide you through the various coverage options. You will be able to walk away with confidence and peace of mind, knowing you have the right for your organization.
Based on the program you select, you may have access to various value added services such as:
- Discounted background checks and drug testing
- Access to a human resources hotline
- Free Access to a "How's my driving?" program
- Risk management and safety support services
- Pay as you go Workers Compensation payment plans integrated with payroll
- Health Care Reform Compliance Audit
Click on the Request a review of your policy button above. We would love the opportunity to review your current insurance and risk management program.