Community Association Insurance
Community associations are as diverse as the people who call them home. Providing insurance coverage to over 500 community associations in Maryland and Delaware, we are market leaders in developing creative solutions to protect coastal properties. We stay up to date on legislation impacting community associations and advise our clients when certain changes impact their insurance programs. The in-house facilities at Atlantic/Smith, Cropper & Deeley allow us to reduce wind deductibles and we have assisted clients in critical flood areas with alternatives to the National Flood Insurance Program.
Our team of experienced agents understand the unique needs that face a community association and will develop a risk management plan to protect the shared assets of your community. Not only do you face the threats of direct damage from perils such as fire, wind and flood, but also those from third parties filing suit against your association or board of directors. Increasingly, funds from annual budgets and association reserves have been put at risk by those entrusted to safeguard and distribute them responsibly.
Important insurance coverages to consider:
- Liability Insurance - Protect assets when individuals incur injury to themselves or the property of others.
- Property Insurance - Protect association owned property against perils such as fire, water damage, lightning, and wind.
- Flood Insurance - Protects association owned property against the peril of flood.
- Directors & Officers Insurance - Protects the assets of volunteer Board members who make decisions on behalf of the association.
- Crime Insurance - Protects assets of the association from missing or misuse of funds the association needs to cover costs.
- Workers Compensation - Provides compensation for a person employed by the association worker injured while performing work related duties.
As a value added service, our Community Association Advisor, Melissa Esham, PCAM, is available to consult with our Boards in all areas of loss control and risk management. In addition to being a licensed insurance agent, Ms. Esham has 16 years of experience in coastal community management and is available to help clients review the ever changing needs of the community and their residents. Our objective is to serve as your trusted advisor and this resource is a testament to that goal.
In the unfortunate event of a claim, the RESOLVE claims process and experienced claims specialists at Atlantic/Smith, Cropper & Deeley will work with you to coordinate your master policy and the insurance companies of your unit owners throughout the restoration process. We will work diligently on your behalf to make sure that your claim is resolved quickly and fairly.
Take a minute and tell us about your community, condominium or homeowners association. Our team of experts are ready to review your insurance needs to make sure your property and assets are covered.